So I have been at my grandparents house since Friday and today was the first day that I got out of the house. My grandparents live on a golf course and we went out this morning to play. It was definitely exciting, 1st hole sprinklers were going off and it was a game of dodging the sprinklers while hitting the ball. I got really upset because my grandpa was the one driving the cart (that had no top) and he wanted to do his own thing, so that is when I got soaked. A couple seconds later my grandma in another cart got wet too. That's when I realized that I could no longer be upset at my grandpa because it happened again and this time it was my fault. A little while later on hole 6 I hit a great drive which was exciting for me because up until then I had been playing badly. Then on 8 I hit from the tee a really bad shot which I called a worm burner and my mom made a comment that made me laugh so hard that at my next hit I could not hit right away. Over all I did not play well, but it was good to realize not everything has to be so serious. There are times for fun and times to be serious. from this golf experience today i learned that i need to become more understanding and not judge right away.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Golf
So I have been at my grandparents house since Friday and today was the first day that I got out of the house. My grandparents live on a golf course and we went out this morning to play. It was definitely exciting, 1st hole sprinklers were going off and it was a game of dodging the sprinklers while hitting the ball. I got really upset because my grandpa was the one driving the cart (that had no top) and he wanted to do his own thing, so that is when I got soaked. A couple seconds later my grandma in another cart got wet too. That's when I realized that I could no longer be upset at my grandpa because it happened again and this time it was my fault. A little while later on hole 6 I hit a great drive which was exciting for me because up until then I had been playing badly. Then on 8 I hit from the tee a really bad shot which I called a worm burner and my mom made a comment that made me laugh so hard that at my next hit I could not hit right away. Over all I did not play well, but it was good to realize not everything has to be so serious. There are times for fun and times to be serious. from this golf experience today i learned that i need to become more understanding and not judge right away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment